The conference will take place from 26 – 30 August 2011 in Busan, South Korea.
The theme for the 2011 congress is Different Voices, United Action focusing on HIV as a political, social and economic concern, as well as purely a health issue.
See below for details of the Alliance’s activities at ICAAP. Read more about the Alliance at ICAAP here and the community perspective from Zar Ni Aung (Myanmar) and Ranny (Indonesia).
At present, the following Alliance linking organisations will be attending the conference:
- Alliance China
- Alliance Myanmar
- Supporting Community Development Initiatives (SCDI), Vietnam
- India HIV/AIDS Alliance
- Khmer HIV/AIDS NGO Alliance (KHANA), Cambodia
- Rumah Cemara, Indonesia
- Malaysian AIDS Council (MAC)
Come and see us in the exhibition hall (booth 43) where we’ll be for the duration of the congress.
Download a flyer of all the Alliance activities at ICAAP.
THURSDAY 25 AUGUST
- Asia linking organisations and other partners (closed).
SATURDAY 27 AUGUST
- Lessons learned in delivering technical support for civil society HIV responses led by Greg Munro, Associate Director, Technical Cooperation Unit along with representatives from the Alliance’s Regional Technical Support Hubs in South Asia and South East Asia and Pacific.
Plenary session (J V R Prasada Rao, UNAIDS – also an Alliance Trustee)
- Highlighting the role played by the legal environment in facilitating or hindering universal access to prevention, treatment, care and support and the global response to date.
Plenary session (Jenithaa Santhirasekaran, MAC, Malaysia)
- Laying down the law: Drug users and sex workers rights are human rights. The law and legal redress for key populations. Challenges in accessing legal aid.
MONDAY 29 AUGUST
- Is SRH/HIV integration serving the needs of key populations? A satellite session presenting regional experiences led by India HIV/AIDS Alliance.
A team of Key Correspondents will also be covering the conference.
Bookmark this page - we will be updating it regularly.