The conference will take place from 4 - 8 December 2011 in Adis Ababa, Ethiopia.
See below for details of the Alliance’s activities at ICASA.
Come and see us at booth 511, where we will be for the duration of the conference.
- Building on Success: Understanding how community responses can contribute successfully to scaling-up effective PMTCT programmes, part of the meeting series: The Road to Washington: Mobilizing communities to create a supportive environment to help eliminate vertical transmission. Co-ordinated by the Coalition for children affected by HIV and AIDS.
SATURDAY 3 DECEMBER
- ICASA press briefing - Key Correspondents to attend. Contact Hester Philips for more information.
SUNDAY 4 DECEMBER
- Alliance Partnership Meeting (closed event for Alliance partners only)
MONDAY 5 DECEMBER
- Community Dialogue Space: community mobilisation and the investment framework, Room C1 (Harar Jugol), Panellists: Claude Cheta, Alliance Evaluation Programme Officer & Rosemary Mburu, Policy and Advocacy Manager, KANCO (Kenya)
- Non-abstract driven session: Gender based violence and HIV response in Africa
Room A4 (Tekeze), Moderator: Magatte Mbodj, Executive Director, ANCS (Senegal)
TUESDAY 6 DECEMBER
- Non-abstract driven session: contribution of CSOs in achieving UNGASS and MDGs Commitment, Room B4 (Walia), Moderator: Allan Ragi, Executive Director, KANCO (Kenya)
- Non-abstract driven session: religious leaders - what contributions to the ownership and sustainability of the HIV and AIDS response
Room A4 (Tekeze), Panellist: Paul Sagna, ANCS (Senegal)
- Workshop: Introducing a framework for designing evaluation of HIV-related community level advocacy
Room B5 (Nyala), 15:45-17:15, Facilitators: Billie-Jean Nieuwenhuys, Alliance Senior Policy Advisor and Claude Cheta, Alliance Evaluation Programme Officer
WEDNESDAY 7 DECEMBER
- Community Dialogue Space: re-thinking CS partnership to mobilise community in Africa in current environment, Room C1 (Harar Jugol), Organisers: GNP+, ITPC, UNAIDS, Moderator: Abdelkadar Bacha, Associate Director, Alliance
- Non-Abstract Driven Session: community system strengthening as a tool to own, scale up and sustain the HIV response
Room B2 (Abiyata), Panellist: Rosemary Mburu, Policy and Advocacy Manager, KANCO (Kenya)
- Alliance Evening Reception, 6.30-8.00pm (private event) – to be hosted by Jason Wright, U.S. Director and Beatrice Mutali, Head of Africa Team at the International HIV/AIDS Alliance. Attendance strictly by invitation only – contact Barbara Monteiro (firstname.lastname@example.org)
THURSDAY 8 DECEMBER
- Workshop: how to get tangible results from applying the GIPA principle, Room B5, 10:45 – 12:15, Organisers: GNP+ and Alliance, Facilitators: Billie-Jean Nieuwenhuys, Alliance Senior Policy Advisor and Claude Cheta, Alliance Evaluation Programme Officer
- Workshop: expanding the role of networks of people living with HIV and AIDS
Room B7 (Sof Omer), 1045-12.15, Organiser: Alliance, Facilitators: Fred Muwanga, Resource Mobilisation and Programme Development Manager and Anna Bridges, Africa Programme Officer
- Non-Abstract Driven Session: the impact of alcohol and substance abuse on HIV prevention and treatment
Room A6 (Simien), 10.45-12.15, Panellist: Allan Ragi, Executive Director, KANCO (Kenya), Rapporteur: Peter Kamau, KANCO
- Community Dialogue Space: where are the technical resources from African civil society
Room C1 (Harar Jugol), 12.30-13.30, Moderator: Dieudonne Bassonon, West and North Africa Regional Technical Support Hub Manager, IPC (Burkina Faso)
A team of Key Correspondents will also be covering the conference.