The seminar is being organised by AIDS2031, a consortium of partners who have come together to look at what we have learned about the AIDS response as well as consider the implications of the changing world around AIDS. The year 2031 will mark 50 years of AIDS.
The session on Wednesday 1 December 2010 will feature a preview of the forthcoming aids2031 book "AIDS: Taking a long-term view", to be published by FT Science Press and available from December 13. Speakers include:
- Peter Piot, Director of the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine and former Executive Director of UNAIDS
- Geoffrey Garnett, Professor, Imperial College London, UK, chair of the aids2031 Modeling Group
- Justin Parkhurst, Lecturer in Health Policy, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, aids2031 Working Group on Social Drivers
- Alvaro Bermejo, Executive Director, International HIV/AIDS Alliance, aids2031 working group on Financing and costing
- Peter Colenso, Head of Human Development Department, Policy Division, DFID
It will be moderated by Heidi Larson from AIDS2031 and will take place in the John Snow Lecture Theatre, LSHTM, at 12.30pm.
To attend, email Pauline Brocard at LSHTM.
Read more about the Alliance’s involvement in the AIDS2031 initiative.