Lead: Financial Accountant
The Lead: Financial Accountant will play a key role in providing senior accounting and technical support to the finance team.
It is an exciting time to join the International HIV/AIDS Alliance. In this role you will be providing a finance advisor service which will enable the Alliance to fulfil its mission to work with communities through local, national and global action on HIV, health and human rights.
Are you who we’re looking for?
You are a committed team member with a clear focus on team objectives, as well as your own. You will promote best practice within your field of expertise and challenge ways of working to ensure the highest quality and levels of efficiency. Your actions will be aligned with the Alliance vision and you will inspire the same behaviour in your peers. You are comfortable working in a matrix management environment.
The role will:
• Oversee the partner organisation accounting process within the International HIV/AIDS Alliance
• Manage and deliver a portfolio of donor financial reports for restricted funding received by the International HIV/AIDS Alliance
• Lead the financial year-end process and support in the co-ordination of the International HIV/AIDS Alliance’s annual statutory audit, working with the Head: Finance
• Oversee the completeness and integrity of International HIV/AIDS Alliance’s balance sheet
• Line manage the financial accounting team within the International HIV/AIDS Alliance
• Manage foreign exchange risk and VAT accounting and compliance, working with the Head: Finance
For full details of the role, download the job description and person specification below.
How to apply
Submit your CV, along with a covering letter outlining how you meet the criteria of the job description and person specification, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line of your email should include the job title. The cover letter is necessary for our assessment of your skills and experience. Please therefore do not send us your CV without a cover letter. We look forward to hearing from you.
Interviews will take place w/c 1st October 2018.
Protection of Children and Vulnerable Adults
The Alliance operates a rigorous recruitment and selection process that reflects our commitment to child protection. The Protection of Children and Vulnerable Adults Policy can be downloaded here.