Senior Advisor: HIV Technical (Human Rights)
The International HIV/AIDS Alliance works with communities through local, national and global action on HIV, health and human rights. Our vision is a world without AIDS. Since 1994, the Alliance and its partners have supported over 3,000 projects, in over 40 countries, reaching millions of people.
We are seeking a Senior Advisor: HIV Technical (Human Rights) who will report to the Lead: Programmes. The focus will be to provide technical leadership to strengthen the organisational approach to addressing human rights within a portfolio of cluster related projects/teams that contributes to the Knowledge and Influence Pillar – as well as the Programmes and Income Pillars by promoting best practices and driving innovation.
Are you who we’re looking for?
You are a committed team member with a clear focus on team objectives, as well as your own. You will promote best practice within your field of expertise and will challenge ways of working to ensure the highest quality and levels of efficiency. Your actions will be aligned with the Alliance vision and you will inspire the same behaviour in your peers. You are comfortable working in a matrix management environment.
The role will:
• Leads the Alliance’s external technical engagement in global technical fora related to human rights and HIV.
• Represent the Alliance at human rights-related bodies and fora and lead the development of Alliance human rights-related policy positions, reports and other advocacy tools.
• Leads the development and quality assurance of programmes and build the capacity of civil society organisations’ to build a portfolio of human rights-based HIV programmes (including gender equality and responses to gender-based violence and gender-related harmful norms and practices) and policy work.
• Analyses and synthesise Alliance learning, knowledge and research to contribute to quality programming proposal development and influencing current developments in the field of human rights and HIV.
• Set a good example for others, shows consistency in words and actions, learns from personal and organisational experience, strives for self-improvement, earns the trust and respect of management, colleagues and partner organisations, and treats others with respect.
For full details, download the job description and person specification below.
How to apply
Submit your CV, along with a covering letter outlining how you meet the criteria of the job description and person specification, by email to email@example.com. The subject line of your email should include the job title. The cover letter is necessary for our assessment of your skills and experience. Please therefore do not send us your CV without a cover letter. We look forward to hearing from you.
The International HIV/AIDS Alliance is committed to equal opportunities and welcomes applications from appropriately qualified people from all sections of the community. Qualified people living with HIV are particularly encouraged to apply.
Please download an Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form below and submit this with your application form. Please be aware that completing this form is entirely voluntary and all information will be treated in the strictest of confidence. This information will not be seen by hiring managers and is for monitoring purposes only.
Protection of Children and Vulnerable Adults
The Alliance operates a rigorous recruitment and selection process that reflects our commitment to child protection. The Protection of Children and Vulnerable Adults Policy can be downloaded here.