Support Officer: Programmes
The International HIV/AIDS Alliance works with communities through local, national and global action on HIV, health and human rights. Our vision is a world without AIDS. Since 1994, the Alliance and its partners have supported over 3,000 projects, in over 40 countries, reaching millions of people.
We are seeking experienced and driven Support Officer to join us to support programme delivery, coordination and knowledge management to clusters and teams across the organisation.
It is an exciting time to join the International HIV/AIDS Alliance. The organisation has implemented a significant organisational change programme and in this role you will be fundamental to the success of this programme, providing support services which will enable the Alliance to fulfill its mission to work with communities through local, national and global action on HIV, health and human rights.
Are you who we’re looking for?
You are a committed team member with a clear focus on team objectives, as well as your own. You will promote best practice within your field of expertise and challenge ways of working to ensure the highest quality and levels of efficiency. Your actions will be aligned with the Alliance vision and you will inspire the same behaviour in your peers. You are comfortable working in a matrix management environment.
The role will:
- Require essential language skills in French or Spanish.
- Support research and development activities for specific projects, including programme content and proposal development.
- Support programme implementation by administering Alliance procedures.
- Conduct regular budget monitoring and analysis for a portfolio of cluster related projects/teams and provide logistical support around the preparation of meetings and events.
- Support stakeholder engagement with Alliance partner organisations and external agencies, and champion the use of Salesforce CRM as a means of creating a more streamlined, effective and efficient organisation.
- Support Alliance wide learning in order to contribute to advocating for health, gender, HIV and human rights, and to support the matrix ways of working.
- Contribute to the development of the Alliance culture.
For full details of the role, download the job description and person specification below.
How to apply
Please submit your CV along with a covering letter outlining how you meet with criteria of the job description and person specification. Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line of your email should include the job title.
The International HIV/AIDS Alliance is committed to equal opportunities and welcomes applications from appropriately qualified people from all sections of the community. Qualified people living with HIV are particularly encouraged to apply.
Please download an Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form below and submit this with your application. Please be aware that completing this form is entirely voluntary and all information will be treated in the strictest of confidence. This information will not be seen by hiring managers and is for monitoring purposes only.
Protection of Children and Vulnerable Adults
The Alliance operates a rigorous recruitment and selection process that reflects our commitment to child protection. The Protection of Children and Vulnerable Adults Policy can be downloaded here.