Apply for a grant from the Rapid Response Fund
How to apply for a grant
Currently, we are accepting applications for Emergency Grants of up to $7,000. The questions below will help you determine if you are eligible.
Please note that we have now closed to applications to the Elton John AIDS Foundation COVID-19 Emergency Fund. If you have not yet received a response to your request, please be assured that we are processing applications and you will hear from us soon.
Once you’ve confirmed your eligibility, please submit your application by clicking on the button below. You can also fill out our application form in Spanish, Portuguese or French using the Google Translate tab in the bottom left-hand corner of this page.
We prioritise applications according to urgency of need. We aim to process applications within two weeks.
Is the emergency grant right for me?
Emergency Response Grants are designed to help with immediate threats to lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) people, men who have sex with men (MSM), sex workers and people who use drugs who are struggling to get urgent access to HIV services.
These grants help with immediate threats to people and the HIV services that they need, where action must happen very quickly to be effective.
Examples of eligible uses include:
- Relocation of premises following forced eviction of CBOs or service providers that support LGBT people, MSM, people who drugs, and/or sex workers, and their access to HIV services
- Post-violence psychosocial support
- Providing urgent HIV medication
- Emergency safety measures for individuals to ensure access to HIV services can continue.
Examples of ineligible uses include:
- Research activities.
- Activities that have already taken place.
- Sub-granting to other organisations.
- Activities that specifically target children and adolescents below the age of 18.
- Activities that do not directly involve and benefit lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender communities; people who use drugs; and/or sex workers.
If you can answer ‘yes’ to the following two questions, please click on the Apply button below to go to the Emergency Grant application form.
- Are the people/person you intend to help experiencing threats, attacks, or imminent danger to their health, life or security?
- Is it critical that your HIV support work takes place within the next two weeks to address barriers that prevent people accessing HIV services?