Driving the HIV response
01 July 2014
This Community guide was developed in response to the World Health Organization (WHO) 2013 Consolidated guidelines on the use of antiretroviral drugs for treating and preventing HIV.
It aims to assist community leaders and civil society organisations to:
- better understand the new WHO recommendations and guide country-level discussions on priorities (within civil society and between civil society and government)
- ensure the meaningful participation of communities most affected by HIV in national decision-making and planning
- advocate for any changes or further research necessary to adapt recommendations to suit their country context
- mobilise and prepare communities for the implementation of new recommendations.
You can also download:
- individual modules
- a briefing and a consultation report that was published last year
- a set of three infographics for use in presentations:
The guide was developed by The Global Network of People Living with HIV (GNP+), the International HIV/AIDS Alliance and STOP AIDS NOW!
We welcome your feedback on this guide, including ideas for future modules and how to make them more useful for your work. Please send your suggestions to Aditi Sharma at firstname.lastname@example.org.Download Community guide: Driving the HIV response Download Community guide: Introduction Download Community guide: HIV diagnosis Download Community guide: Using ARVs to prevent HIV Download Community guide: ART for adults Download Community guide: ART for pregnant women Download Community guide: ART for children Download Community guide: Programmes Download Community guide: Policies Download Guide Resources Download Presentation slides: 2013 WHO reccomendations Download Guide ART briefing paper Download Consultation Report